Friday, June 9, 2017

Meet the Heifer





My name is Jessica Wilkinson.  I am an Agriculture Education graduate student in the Agriculture Education licensure program.  I was born and raised in Smithdale, MS.  After graduating Mississippi State University with a Bachelor's of Science in Agribusiness and Economics, I moved to east Tennessee to enter the real world.  I work full time for the University of Tennessee Extension Service in Roane County, TN as an Adult Agriculture Extension Agent.  So, with working full time and going to graduate school full time, it makes life a little busy.  In my little free time, I make time for those that I care about the most; my family, friends, and dogs.

Throughout this course I hope to expand my knowledge of incorporating technology into my classroom.  Currently I work with adults, so I hope to learn ways not to only incorporate information into my future classroom, but also my current "classroom."  As an extension agent my classroom changes daily, it could be my office, a structured classroom, a front yard, a back porch, or even a pasture.  My job of teaching is different and learning ways to bring technology to different learning methods will prove beneficial.
Having a large family makes for big fun!

The adorable Trixie and Polly
Friends and Goats make life better!
Boyfriend, Chris and Myself

How to use Wikis in the Classroom

What is a wiki? A wiki is at its essence a website that continually be edited and developed upon my multiple individuals.  With a wiki,...